Minutes for the
Tybee Island Maritime Academy
December 17, 2012
Carolyn Jurick welcomed everyone. A moment of silence was observed in memory of the tragic loss at Newton Elementary School.
Minutes were approved for the November 12, 2012 meeting.
- Facility—A meeting with members of St. Michael’s Catholic Church will take place on December 19, 2012 to discuss the lease.
- Implementation Grant – The Implementation Grant is almost complete. Carolyn Jurick discussed the items that may be purchased with the $550,000 Implementation Grant.
- Engineering Costs – Three engineering companies submitted bids to complete Phase I for hazard checks. EMC received unanimous approval for the contract.
- Website – The new Tybee Island Maritime Academy website should be up by the end of the week.
- Margie Rosen proposed having an art resource room in the school.
- Fundraising –
- Summer Roberson reported that she contacted Salon Isobe and asked them to sponsor a 2nd Cut-a-thon.
- Kelly Doyle discussed a reverse raffle and auction. A Facility Fundraising Committee will be organized with members of the school and the church. An event during the Beach Bum Parade weekend will be considered.
- The Marketing Committee has prepared a list of places to visit to talk about the Charter School.
- Open House for the Tybee Island Maritime Academy –
Tuesday, January 29 from 5-7.
- Advertise for Principal—The job application for the principal will be posted by Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
- Student round up (Committee) – Cindy Cupp and Brenda Marion will be on this committee.
- Student Expo will be held on January 5, 2013.