Tybee Island Maritime Academy
February 18, 2013
The February 18, 2012 Tybee Island Maritime Academy meeting was called to order by the President of the Governing Board, Carolyn Jurick.
The January 14, 2013 Minutes were approved.
Treasurer’s Report was given by Kay Fortner. TIMA currently has $25,758.01 in The Savannah Bank account.
- Facility and Lease Update- Perb Fortner gave a Facility Update and Lease Update. The lease is almost finalized.
- Implementation Grant update was given by Carolyn Jurick. The $550,000 grant is being presented to the Georgia State Board on Feb. 20, 2013.
In April, it will be will go for final approval for $475,000.
- EMC Phase I Environmental Study and Phase II-Perb Fortner presented the Environmental study. TIMA agreed to pay $6,091.25.
- Website Update was presented by Christen We will be receiving video training so we can update our web page.
- Yard Sale – Brenda Marion raised $253 for TiMA at the yard sale.
- TIMA’s Open House was a great success!
- Tree- donation – Bernie and Beverly Goode are donating trees to provide shade on the playground for the school. .
- Principal Interviewing dates and times have been scheduled. There will be seven interviews.
- Student Enrollment is currently at 56 students. Of these, 29 students are from Tybee
- Teacher postings will be posted on the Savannah Chatham County web page for two weeks.
- Interviews for Principals
- Student registrations/ongoing
- Job Fair March 2, 2013 at Oglethorpe Charter School