Carolyn welcomed everyone and called the meeting to order at 7:01, noting that school would resume on 1/7/14 as planned and NOT be cancelled due to the cold weather. A call out from Chatham County was scheduled to tell parents as much and remind them to dress their children warmly.
Brenda mentioned that the sample anti-abuse policy suggested by our insurer was approved by all governing board members. She will edit it to make it TIMA-specific and send out to all governing board and TIMA CREW board members for their signatures. Terry and Pat can keep copies in school office for classroom and school volunteers to sign.
Christen made a motion to approve November meeting minutes, Kenna seconded, and all were in favor.
Kay was not present so Carolyn went over her report:
Bank account has been reconciled for November. December is still pending due to end of year accounting delays.
The bank statement balances are Savannah Bank $5,041.02 and BB&T $27,992.21 for a total of $33,033.23 for the month ending November 2013. The Bank Accounts have not been reconciled for December. The bank statement balances are Savannah Bank $5,041.02 and BB&T $19,157.25 for a total of $24,198.27.
Other assets include $32,479.98. None of the assets purchased with the federal grant monies are included in this amount.
None for November
$ 411.00 field trips (This is a net of $1,435.00 expense with $1,024.00 received from students)
$ 1,068.55 Supplies
$ 4,000.00 Rent
$ 2,418.00 Insurance
$ 510.00 Security
$ 2,990.00 Custodial Services
$ 1,755.56 Utilities and Phone
A preview of December (Final report after reconciliation)
$19,157.24 Ending Bank Balance Operating Account
$ 4,000.00 Rent
$ 2,102.77 Utilities and Phone
$ 560.31 Supplies
$2,990.00 Custodial services
Kay suggested that we request our next quarter payment from Savannah Chatham County. Carolyn made a motion that we do so and Christen seconded. All were in favor.
- Grants-- two grants were submitted in Dec. 1) to Louis Calder Foundation requesting funds for 100 iPads; 2) to Robert W. Woodruff Foundation requesting funds to purchase one LEGO Education WeDo Getting Started III Package with Professional Development and one LEGO Education WeDo Getting Started III Package. These packages are LEGO-brand robotics sets for children ages 7-12
- Alarm—we have two separate alarms per building but the annex wasn’t being monitored. Pat thinks everything has been worked out now.
- Christmas parade, Holiday program, and Tybee Island City Council inauguration. The holiday program raised over $480 for TIMA’s arts programs! Students turned out to help carry the flags and lead the pledge at city council inauguration. Governing board decided it is not their place to decide which Tybee parades to support and will leave that to CREW.
- Website –(Governing board minutes on the website as soon as approved)
- Change of timeline for Enrollment (Request by Carolyn) Carolyn suggested February 1st to align with Chatham County special schools deadline. Oglethorpe’s opens January 8. It was decided we would start as soon as we could get forms and dates updates online. (January 10 implementation target date) This was approved unanimously by the board.
- Enrollment and Admissions –(Advertising, getting students, website, etc.) Need to schedule admissions sessions. Brenda requested that at least one session be held the same date at 1/14 CREW meeting and it was decided that admissions session would be held from 6 to 7 with CREW meeting taking place 7 to 8 pm. Pizza from Huc-A-Poos and drinks will be sold from 6 to 7 as CREW fundraiser.
- Martin Luther King Parade (see above note about parade participation)
- School Update—Pat Chatham County changed their copier service provider but we have a year lease with Ricoh. Everything has been re-synced to county settings on our copier. The ITBS vocabulary scores were in fact incorrectly calculated and so affected students were retested and revised scores were distributed. Pending board approval in executive session, Mr. Jeffery Muster will join TIMA staff as SPED paraprofessional. This position is funded by SCCPSS Special Education Dept. Check received from 5 Guys Burgers for $300. Monthly dates to be added for remainder or 2014 school year. Spelling Bee scheduled for March 6 and Elizabeth on 37th Wine Dinner at the school scheduled for January 26.
- Teacher Update—Tammy nothing new—everyone is still very happy to be at TIMA!
- PTVA (The TIMA CREW) update—Brenda Pancake breakfast sponsored by Sons of the American Legion scheduled for Saturday, January 25, from 9 am to 11:30 am. $6 per person includes scrambled eggs, French toast, sausage, grits, oj, coffee, and all-you-can-eat pancakes. Additional fundraisers being planned and will make sure Pat approves anything before it is added to the master calendar.
- Fundraisers (covered above)
- Master Calendar
- Approvals by principal-Anytime anyone is planning something for the school or students, must have prior approval by the principal..
Sons of the American Legion are hosting a Super Bowl party with silent auction. They invited the students to donate some art; Pat said he would discuss with Anna Lee and Carolyn also offered to donate 2-3 pieces from those donated by local artist for just such a fundraising purpose. Proceeds from sales will be split between SAL and TIMA.
Christen moved that we adjourn into executive session, Tammy seconded, all agreed.
- Sons of American Legion Breakfast—January 25
- Elizabeth’s on 37th—January 26
- Enrollment and Admissions
- Next meeting—January 27