Head Gasket Symptoms My High Ten
Looking out round on the net I found all the standard odd tips for diagnosing the problem and even more odd ones fixing it after even going by way of the key brands some I even had from America! One being a thermo reaction or comparable one other pour in one, after a while I discovered Metal Seal, fortunately this one was slightly more easy to make use of and truly labored! Seems a bit original in the way in which it works, it was the one one I found which works on a chemical reaction.
So what can you keep your eye out for? Here I will give my high ten head gasket signs, I'll try and preserve them in an order but to be honest I don't think mine could of become any worse before using the metal seal without blowing up!
10. Coolant loss or leaking from the water pump, visually check
9. Bubbles of air developing into the radiator, bear in mind to take away the cap before starting to check
8. Overheating, control your temperature gauge
7. Rough running, is it sluggish or "chuggy" or loss of power.
6. Coolant or oil from the Blown Head Gasket or on the spark plugs. Easy one to check just take away a spark plug when the engine is off and visually check to substantiate oil on the threads or across the plug
5. White smoke or excessive liquid exiting the exhaust or shedding coolant through the overflow. To check this remove the cap and rev the engine, again if you see bubbles or any exits you will discover
4. Oil within the water and even visa versa, with the latter you will notice oil floating within the water in your cooling system
3. Sludge like substance in your oil. To check this, merely use your dipstick to examine the consistency and colour of the oil.
2. Hoses coming or being compelled off, the system
1. Low compression within cylinders, checking this is simple but as at all times if doubtful of any mechanical work, use a accountable service.